It’s that time of year again. Colorful leaves and pumpkin-spiced drinks can only mean one thing – the holiday season is just around the corner. To be more specific, we are only 36 days away from Black Friday!
If you plan to or are already selling 3D products, it’s time to prepare your business for holiday shoppers. We highly recommend using our new integration with Shopify, the Shapeways Fulfillment app (see step-by-step setup instructions here). Not sure whether this is something you need? We’re here to help you make that decision.
The Shapeways Fulfillment App
This integration directly connects a Shopify store to Shapeways’ 3D printing manufacturing and fulfillment network, giving your business seamless access to 3D printing technology in over 40 materials and finishes. When your customer makes a purchase from your Shopify store, the order will flow through to Shapeways and can be fulfilled manually or automatically, depending on your business needs.
Who Is It For?
It’s for anyone who wishes to sell 3D models and have the orders fulfilled by Shapeways. The two accounts you need to set up are:
- A Shapeways account: you can sell any or all products on your Shapeways shop, if you have one, or you can sell private models uploaded to your Shapeways account.
- A Shopify store: there are multiple plans available, but you can always start with a free trial to test it out.
- Access batch ordering – Eliminate repetitive order entries all together.
- Automate customer orders – Orders can be processed immediately and automatically.
- Print on demand in over 40 3D printed materials and finishes – No need to stock inventory or worry about products collecting dust on shelves.
- Print without your own 3D manufacturing equipment – You will have access to Shapeways’ 3D printing manufacturing and fulfillment network.
- Ship directly to you or your customers – Shapeways can package and ship orders straight to your customers. We can also ship them to you for additional processing.
Our early app adopters are enjoying the benefits of keeping customers on their own storefronts, and being able to go on vacation knowing that orders will take care of themselves in reaching the customers. If that sounds appealing to you, give the integration a try. And if you need assistance, we’re here to help you at firstname.lastname@example.org.